Sunday, January 1, 2017

Better Paintings with Watercolor Sketching


Happy New Year!  It snowed all day yesterday here in Vancouver and I was sketching Maui scenes.😊

My sweet sister gave me a Craftsy class for my birthday,  Better Paintings with Watercolor Sketching with Angela Fehr.  I chose this class for two main reasons:
  • Some of this class focuses on how to choose the right photo for translating into painting.  I work mostly from photos in my home office/studio.  (I've tried being a location/urban sketcher but it really isn't my natural inclination.  I'm a homebody. LOL  Is it safe to admit this?  Urban Sketching is all the rage!) 
  • Angela's painting style is free and fluid and involves lots of water.  This is totally up my alley!



Will I ever make it past the sketching phase and move to the painting phase?  I have no idea, but for now I'm having a ball.  And that's what it is all about for me.


No comments: