Saturday, November 12, 2016

Where Does Inspiration Come From?


Every so often I ponder the vast subject of inspiration.  Sometimes it eludes me, sometimes it hits me like a ton of bricks.  Maybe it is only me, the perceiver and receiver, who varies from day to day.  Maybe some days I'm just sleeping.

Almost fifteen years ago, when I was just beginning my art journey, I took two courses through our local school board.  They were both taught by the same woman, who I just realized recently, has played a profound role in my life.

I was recently  privileged to take another course from Carolynn, and to get another glimpse into her amazing journals.  I made this birthday card for her using the technique that I learned in her Word Art class.

As I was pondering what to make for Carolynn, I realized what a significant inspiration she has been to me.  Not only did I return to calligraphy ten years after taking that first Funky Letters course, but the art of the journal has become my main focus.

One of Carolynn's journals that I recently saw was a travel journal from Maui.  It brought back the lushness and atmosphere of Hawaii so powerfully, that I am returning there soon after a four year absence.  Now that's inspiration!!

Who was a profound inspiration to you?  If you can, I encourage you to tell them.  They deserve to know.

No comments: