Friday, September 16, 2016

It Pays to Shop Locally


It took so long that you might have thought that I was bluffing when I first mentioned it, but I finally got my canvas pencil case made!

It was made possible by a small, local art supply store, Rath Art Supplies.  I went in to buy a Col-Erase colored pencil for drawing, and in the "free" box there was some lovely canvas just the right size.  It already had a coat of gesso on one side so I was all set.

First, I applied a glazing of acrylic paint:


After it was dry I added the designs:


Some lining and a zipper, and voila!


I got the idea from Alisa Burke, who sells similar pouches in her on-line shop.  Unfortunately, she doesn't ship outside of the US, so I made my own.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You could sell cases like that one, but it looks like a lot of work.