Saturday, August 27, 2016

Basket Weaving


My art (and this blog) have taken a bit of a beating this week as I got the inspiration to reorganize my office/art studio.  But I found a few pictures on my camera from before I caught the "reorg bug".

Last Sunday at the Vancouver Artist Trading Card swap we had a session of for those of us who wanted to learn basket weaving.  The teacher was incredibly generous and patient, and I've almost finished my first basket.

I can't overemphasize how patient this teacher was, nor how difficult this was for me to learn.  I've always known that I was spatially challenged, but while the other dozen people continued on their own, she had to sit with me for 10 minutes urging me on and correcting my missteps.  I'm getting used to being the worst student in every art class I take!  LOL

She also provided and precut everyone's jute and gave me this wool, as I hadn't brought anything suitable.

Will my newly organized studio allow for any wool purchases?  Perhaps it will!  When I finish my basket I'll post another picture.

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

No comments: