Thursday, June 20, 2013

Two Things Define You



This new page is part of my project to finish up old art journals.  In 2004, I started using an old hard cover book as an art journal.  I got about 1/4 of the way through the book,  got tired of it, and started a new journal.  (This is normal for me, obviously).

I picked it off the shelf the other day and ripped out every second remaining page.  This will give it space to "grow" with paint and collage;  it also makes it a bit less intimidating.  I applied acrylic paint with a palette knife over this page, and after it dried, I traced the outlines of the "flames" with a black Sharpie paint pen.  I wrote the quotation with a white Sharpie paint pen.  It reads, "Two things define you - your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything."

No comments: