Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Accidents and a Journey


This 2 page spread began with the stars, hearts, harlequin and large dots bleeding through from the pages on the reverse sides.  I didn't add anything to it until months later when I cleaned a brush off, resulting in the bold black lines.  It stayed like that until recently when I painted and stamped in the shapes made by the black lines, added the fine line work with a Micron pen and finished it with part of a story from the Bible.  I darkened the stars and hearts by adding water to them.

I picked the Bible quotation because the page looked a bit like a map to me, and the pen work reminded me of the trails that insects make on their journeys.  In Ruth Chapter 1, Naomi is challenged by her daughter-in-law, Ruth, when Naomi tries to discourage Ruth from following Naomi home.  Ruth says, "Where you go I'll go too, and where you stay, Ill stay.  Your people will be my people, and your God my God.  Where you die, I will die...."

This is part of my project to finish up old art journals.  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I really appreciate all of your kind comments.

No comments: