Monday, May 13, 2013

Art Journal Dilemma


I have confessed here that I have many art journals.  Some of them are multi-purpose journals, and some are for specific things (e.g. calligraphy or my Unification Project).  This proliferation of journals has become a bit of a dilemma.  (Yes, there are two allowable spellings for this word).

Mostly my dilemma is with my multi-purpose journals.  Usually I start a new journal because I want a different size or a different type of paper.  My problem with this is that I don't have a chronological record of my art work or my journalling.  (Oh dear, this applies to my special purpose journals too, I guess).  What to do?  Start a new journal and stick with it?  Oh no, not another journal!  That sounds a bit counterproductive.

For now I've pledged to finish the oldest journal this week.  Keep using it until it is done.  I promise.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Very nice journal page - I really like the stencil image (?) that you used and the writing inside the white lines & the spaces. That is such a cool idea for journaling. Hope you don't stress too much about too many journals. I stress too about things not being in chronological order. I think it is just the way my brain works.

Susan said...

Thanks Tricia. Yes that's a Tim Holtz stencil I've used. My brain must work the same as yours LOL