Saturday, September 17, 2011

Organic Process

I'm intrigued by the creative process, and the process for the creation of these Artist Trading Cards I would have to call "organic". By that I mean that they were not planned ahead of time, but evolved as each step was completed.


DSCN2587


Group Photo


The ATC's were created for the Vancouver Artist Trading Card Group. One of the September themes is "tangled", and the colour suggestion is brown.


I decided to do something with Zentangles, but did not draw the "string" or outline by hand. Instead, I lay leaf masks on a 9 x 12 piece of watercolour paper and spritzed it with Adirondack Butterscotch Color Wash. Then I cut them into ATC's, and zentangled and coloured them with pencil crayons. I finished them off by adding stamps. I like them because they are all different, due to the placement of the masks.


DSCN2582


DSCN2580


DSCN2581

No comments: